2017 Traffic Safety Message Contest Official RulesNO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal U.S. students from Grades K-12 located in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Salem, NH, or Rhode Island as of date of entry. Employees of AAA Northeast ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, and all coordinating agencies or entities for the "AAA Northeast Traffic Safety Message Contest" (the "Contest") and the immediate families of each, or persons living in the same household of such employees are not eligible. Contest is governed by U.S. laws and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void outside the U.S., void in all states other than Connecticut, Massachusetts, Salem, NH, and Rhode Island, and void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges (defined below), administrators and Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. In addition, all participants agree to release Sponsor and its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, prize providers, participating companies, and all coordinating agencies and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from any and all liability, claims or damages arising out of their participation in this Contest and the acceptance and use of any prize. This is a skill based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of any semi-finalist selected by the Judges, as described in Section 4 of these Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER: Contest begins at 12:01am EST on January 10, 2017, and ends at 11:59pm EST on April 7, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"). Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by the Sponsor. FOR ALL ENTRIES: During the Promotion Period, students may enter by creating a Public Service Announcement ("PSA") video and/or poster illustrating a powerful creative message their peers can recall about safety in and around traffic. To be eligible to win a prize, all entries must be based on the following criteria:
1) all submitted artwork must follow the format and grade level category assigned – see Submission Guidelines for details located at www.AAA.com/safetymatters
2) ensure all text is spelled correctly; and
3) pre-printed, manufactured, copyright or trademarked names, logos or characters may not be used (such as beer bottle labels, t-shirt logos, etc.) and will not be considered for judging. Entries may be uploaded/submitted through www.AAA.com/safetymatters the following, which is deemed to be an Entry(ies):
- FOR ILLUSTRATED POSTER ENTRIES:
1) Submissions may be vertical or horizontal and must measure no larger than 8.5 x 11";
2) The following information must be neatly printed on the back lower left corner of the poster: student’s name, age and grade; teacher or adult advisor’s name and e-mail address; and school’s name, address and telephone number; and 3) paper entries must be shipped flat (no mailing tubes), or scanned and submitted online as a .jpeg file. File size must not exceed 20mb.
FOR GRAPHIC ARTS POSTER ENTRIES:
1) Submissions may be vertical or horizontal and must measure no larger than 8.5 x 11";
2) The following information must be neatly printed on the back lower left corner of the poster: student’s name, age and grade; teacher’s name and e-mail address; and school/camp name, address and telephone number; and 3) poster must be printed and shipped flat or submitted online as a .jpeg file. File size must not exceed 20mb.
FOR VIDEO ENTRIES:
1) Video must be no longer than two minutes in length;
2) include a title page with the name of the video , as well as the student’s name, age and grade; teacher’s name and e-mail address; and school’s name, address and telephone number;
3) Video must be uploaded/submitted online via www.AAA.com/safetymatters in .avi, .mp4, mob, or .mpg format. File size must not exceed 20mb.
All Entries must be electronically submitted by 11:59 pm EST on April 7, 2017. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, ineligible, illegible, lost, late, stolen, damaged or destroyed Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed submissions which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest or damage to the user’s system as a result of participation in the Contest or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Contest should any cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest.
- All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. False or deceptive Entries or acts, as determined by Sponsor, will render the participant ineligible. Limit one (1) Entry per student in each medium (i.e. illustrated, graphic arts posters and/or video) per state, regardless of means of entry.
If technical difficulties of any kind compromise the integrity or ability to continue on-line entry, Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate on-line entry. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any potential winner, the potential winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Contest Entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- PRIZE & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) $1,000.00 Grand Prize Winner will be chosen from all poster and/or video entries received across all grade levels and states; One (1) First Place Prize: One (1) $300.00 First Place Winner will be chosen from each participating state (CT, MA (including Salem, NH), RI); One (1) Second Place Prize: One (1) $200.00 Second Place Winner will be chosen from each participating state (CT, MA (including Salem, NH), RI); One Third Place Prize: One (1) $100.00 Third Place Winner will be chosen from each participating state (CT, MA (including Salem, NH), RI); One Honorable Mention: One (1) $50.00 Honorable Mention Winner will be chosen from each grade level/category in each participating state (CT, MA (including, Salem, NH), RI). The Grand Prize and Runner-Up Prizes are non-transferable. Grand Prize and Runner-Up Winners ("Winner" or "Winners") must redeem prize through Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- SELECTION & CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS: Between April 7, 2017 and April 23, 2017, finalists will be selected from all qualified entries based on the judging criteria detailed above. Beginning 12:01 A.M. April 24, 2017 and ending on 11:59 P.M. on May 8th, 2017 all finalists’ submissions will be uploaded and posted on the AAA Northeast website to be voted on by website visitors. Each voter may only vote for one finalist per grade level per state. Artwork will be judged by website visitors (49%) and a panel of traffic safety professionals (51%). Winners’ artwork/video will be displayed by AAA Northeast both in branches and on AAA.com, and used to teach students about traffic safety issues. All artwork/video submissions will become the property of AAA Northeast.
Winners will be announced on May 15, 2017 by a representative of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via their principal, adult advisor and/or teacher, or a parent if home-schooled. If a student fails to provide all required Entry information or if a student exceeds the one (1) Entry per participant limit, the Sponsor may at its absolute discretion disqualify the student’s Entry. By entering the Contest, the student represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted Entry is original work created solely by the student, that the artwork and/or video does not infringe on any copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the essay. Winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Consent to Use/Prize Acceptance Form/Publicity and Advertising Consent and Release (except where prohibited by law) and such other documents reasonably required by Sponsor in connection with Sponsor’s use of the Winner’s Entry and/or the Winner’s, name, likeness, and biographical information without compensation. All such documents must be signed and returned within five (5) days of prize notification. Return of the prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure of Sponsor to contact Winner based on contact information provided at registration, or failure of potential Winner to respond to notification attempts will result in disqualification and an alternate Winner may be selected at the Sponsor’s discretion. In the event the Winner declines the prize or the Winner fails to return completed releases, Sponsor may elect, at its own discretion, to select an alternate Winner. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Winner. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsors’ reasonable control which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest. In the event of cancellation, any prize or prizes may be awarded from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, all students and Winners agree to release and discharge, and indemnify, defend and hold harmless AAA Southern New England and its employees, agents, affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, officers, directors, and representatives from any and all claims, losses and damages arising out of participant’s participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prize awarded herein. AAA Northeast assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, theft or destruction of any Entries or any participant’s noncompliance with the Official Rules.
- GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS: Submitted Entries become the property of the Sponsor and may be published in AAA Horizons and AAA Horizons online. By entering this Contest, students and Winners agrees (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; and b) that the decision of the on-line voting and Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Contest. The names of students may be retained on Sponsor’s mailing list for future contacts. No correspondence or other inquiries regarding entries will be accepted. Void where prohibited.
- WINNER’S LIST: To receive the name of the Winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to "AAA Northeast Traffic Safety Message Contest," 110 Royal Little Drive, Providence, RI 02904, to be received by May 30, 2017.
- SPONSOR: AAA Northeast, 110 Royal Little Drive, Providence, RI 02904.