10 Area Dining Facilities, 1 Hotel Receive AAA’s “Best Of . . .” Title
There are 59,000 AAA Diamond-rated establishments nationwide for travelers to visit and under a new AAA designation program called “The Best of . . ., “ 10 restaurants and 1 hotel in AAA Northeast’s Connecticut territory of Litchfield, Fairfield, and New Haven Counties have made the cut.
These 11 establishments are among one- two- and three-Diamond rated facilities, which make up just 7% of AAA’s overall national program in which facilities are rated for their cleanliness, comfort, and hospitality.
Here are the facilities -- four of which are in downtown New Haven -- that have earned the “Best of . . .” label: These facilities offer travelers a more casual and affordable option that are just as charming and memorable as their higher rated counterparts:
· Arethusa al Tavolo, Bantam
· Marco Pizzeria, Branford
· Expresso NEAT, Darien
· Aux Delices Foods, Greenwich
· Caseus Fromagerie Bistro, New Haven
· Claire’s Corner Copia, New Haven
· Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana, New Haven
· Union League Café, New Haven
· Bernard’s, Ridgefield
· City Limits Diner, Stamford
· Fairfield Inn by Marriott New Haven, Wallingford
To earn a Diamond – whether it’s one or five – establishments must meet AAA’s rigorous standards for cleanliness, comfort and hospitality. For more selections nationwide, visit AAA.com/123Diamonds.